Technical Training: Slack
Background: This is one of four simulations that were created to support a team transition to Slack. In addition to developing and delivering Virtual Instructor Led training, I wanted to create short how-to simulations that would allow learners to practice basic skills in a safe environment that would not disrupt the live workspace.
Course Features: This course was created to help build confidence in using the basic features of Slack.
- Simulation focuses on one specific skill, as to not overwhelm the learner. This also allows learners to navigation to specific sections they need.
- Instructions and visual cues are provided to guide the learner through the simulation.
- Screenshots from the product are use to ensure accurate movement through the tool.
- Instructional Designer: I designed the entire course.
- Course Developer: I developed it in Articulate Storyline.
- Writer: I was able to use content from the Slack how to guide to support the onscreen interactions.
Audio/Video/Images: Screenshots taken from a test account. No video or audio used.